New Day

I for sometime now have been wanting to do a piece something similar to the "New Day" track off the "Watch the Throne" album. As soon as I heard the track, I immediate understood the concept and the reason why it was done. But I also immediately understood the significance of it. To a parent your child is the light in the dark, its the beginning something new. At birth we rejoice, you smile, and tears, well ones of joy. 

But I never knew exactly how to create this piece. At one point I just figured I would just rework the lyrics to suite me and the lines I would say to my unborn child. But as I started out with it, it just didn't come together as I wanted it. So I put it down for the time being, but I never stopped thinking about it. I never stopped the want to put it together.

But it wasn't until recently that I realized how I would do it. It wouldn't be by reworking the lyrics, but by simply just writing my own, by simply making my own promises, by simply telling my own story. 

So my "New Day"

Somehow even though I will try it, there's no way imma get it all right. There's going to be times where we both stumble. But like you I will have to learn to crawl before I can walk. The promise I make to you, that you will never go a day that you'll have to want, be sure that dads gonna provide for you. And I can't say that me and moms will see eye to eye everyday, but the promise is you'll come first everyday. And every place I go, you'll go, cause at the end of the day, I just want you to have a better life. 

To me you equal a new life, a new day, so my goal if for you to have an easy life. Do what's needed to make sure you make in this crazy world. Give you the advice my pops gave me. And if I can be half the dad, he was, then I would have done the job right. Basketball, football games, plays, concerts, or simply whatever, I'll be there. So later on in life, we can share drinks together, while laughing at the memories. 

Son in the sky, you know how I feel, drifting on by, drifting on by, its a New Life for me, new life for me, and I'm feeling. Son in sky you know how I feel, drifting on by, drifting on by. Its a New life for me, its a new life for me and I feeling. Birds flying by you know how I feel. 
Son in the sky, you know how I feel, drifting on by, drifting on by, its a New Life for me, new life for me, and I'm feeling. Son in sky you know how I feel, drifting on by, drifting on by. Its a New life for me, its a new life for me and I feeling. Birds flying by you know how I feel. 
Its a NEW LIFE FOR ME. . .

Comments

Popular Post